The creation and evolution of Panelux
The history of Panelux is intimately linked to that of the Fischer bakery. The two companies, once a group, are separated entities since 2010, but share the same values and continue to work closely together. The Fischer bakery was founded in 1913 and has grown and diversified over the years. In 1971, the second generation, Mr Joe Fischer, was the driving force behind a merger of several bakeries, including the Panelux company, founded in 1965 as a distribution company. In 1990, the decision was made to consolidate the three production sites existing at that time, into a single site located in Mensdorf, under the same name: Panelux.
And so Panelux in its current form was born, a company that was soon to become one of the most modern bakeries in Europe, initially with a mostly regional reach but which has become increasingly international over time. The company has successfully distinguished itself from its competitors. It manages to have an edge in what is a highly competitive market by continuously developing and improving on its innovative manufacturing processes that respect artisanal authenticity. This is the company’s hallmark, which has helped build its reputation on the domestic market under the Fischer name.
Joé Fischer and his horse Fanny
- From 2000, Fischer has been continuing to position itself as a "Bakery Coffee Shop”, and Panelux has been pursuing its industrial development while respecting its artisanal origins.
- In 2001, the production site was expanded to double production capacity and increase export activity.
- A new building, created in 2004, is entirely dedicated to 2 production lines for frozen artisan bread. A 3rd line for artisan bread soon followed in 2012, and a 2nd line for pastries in 2013.
- In 2016, the storage capacity for frozen goods was increased from 6,000 to 11,000 pallets.
Old site of Bertrange